The road to success is always under construction

Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Quote by Lily Tomlin.

I had a doctor's appointment at 9:00 this morning and I left my apartment at 8:40, with just enough time to get to the office. It rained yesterday during the day and probably through the night as well. First of all, this is my car:

Not powerful by any sense of the word but it gets me from point A to point B, it's great on gas, and it's treated me well so far.

The following photos are a little hard to see because it was getting dark when I got home tonight, but hopefully you'll get the idea. This is one of two entrances onto my street. Both entrances have the same situation going on:


Anyway, since it's kind of hard to tell, the main road is completely gone. It's just dirt. I seriously never thought I'd think dirt roads in the country were nice until I drove on this. The road is treacherous. I'm not kidding. It's like being on an insane obstacle course. The letter I received from the city informing me of the road maintenance said it's not going to be done till the end of the month. Lots of people have driven on it so there are huge craters all over the place. This morning, because of the rain, these craters were filled with mud. Remember my car? I spun my tires at 10 miles per hour all the way out of my apartment complex. The whole time I was navigating my way out I was trying to figure out what I'd do if I got stuck. I came up with the following mental list. 1) Call the doctor's office to let them know what happened. 2) Call my boyfriend to see if he had any advice. 3) If he didn't, call my dad.

Fortunately, I didn't get stuck, I made it to the appointment on time, and the road was pretty dried out by the time I came home. Unfortunately, I hit one of the previously mentioned craters pretty hard when pulling onto my street so hopefully I didn't smoosh the bottom of my car too much. As I said, it hasn't given me any problems yet and I don't want it to start!

So to the City of Rochester Hills: Please finish the road ahead of schedule!

1 comment:

Lauryn said...

Dirt roads SUCK! Especially in Rochester, I can't even imagine.

Hope your little Saturn survived.