I don't pretend to be captain weird; I just do what I do

Monday, October 6, 2008
Quote by Johnny Depp.

I was tagged by Miss Lauryn to tell seven things about me that are weird. Here I go.

1) I'm part Manx. Like the cat, hahaha. Actually, my maternal grandpa's dad was originally from the Isle of Man, a tiny island between England and Ireland in the Irish Sea. It's basically part of the UK but not officially so lo and behold I have weird ancestry!

2) I cannot stand the sound of whipped cream out of a can. It seriously makes me gag. I can barely tolerate eating Cool Whip because it's a little denser but the fluffy food-but-not-food texture of ReddiWip is nauseating. In my opinion, this all goes back to when I was a child and my dad used to chase me with his shaving cream. I really don't know why I hated it so much, but even that foamy soap sort of grosses me out too... Anyway, I really don't like the way any of those kind of things feel in my hands so I definitely will never put any of it in my mouth.

3) I read The Chronicles of Narnia a ton when I was a kid. My dad's sister gave me a set of the books and my mom read them to me when I was probably about four. Then we read them together. Then I read them by myself. More than once. To this day, I love the feeling I get whenever I hear any part of one of the books or see one of the movies. C. S. Lewis is one of the most talented and imaginative authors I've ever read. I'm so glad his books were part of my childhood.

4) I adore bed-related things to the point that for quite a few years in a row, my mom would give me some sort of bedding item for Christmas and my birthday. I've had fish bedding, purple bedding, blue flannel horse bedding, satin bedding, green impressionist-style bedding, blue bedding, brown basket-weave bedding, very colorful bedding, green flannel bedding, and bedding that feels like a t-shirt. Don't get me started on my pillows. I want more of all of it. As a matter of fact, I recently spent way too much on a new mattress because it feels like I'm sleeping on a cloud. *Sigh*

5) I do not like Cheez-It crackers, Goldfish crackers, Doritos, or any other fake-cheese flavored snack. My boyfriend's brother Jason thinks I'm the weirdest person on the planet for not thinking they're delicious. I also don't like the way they smell.

6) When I was little my mom and another mom down the street (Pam) would always have us kids play together. It was me, my brother, and Pam's two girls who are close to our age. We were obsessed with watching Peter Pan. What's so weird about watching a Disney movie you ask? Well, we didn't watch the cartoon Disney movie. We watched the musical version complete with Mary Martin. We loved it. So Pam made us costumes! I was Wendy, Jessica (who is my age) was Peter Pan, Allison (a year younger than me) was Tiger Lily and I don't remember who my brother was. He may not have had a costume because he was pretty young. At any rate, we would watch the musical, then spend hours reenacting every scene. What memories!

7) My feet and my dad's feet are exactly the same shape. According to my mom, so are our eyeballs. No, not the shape of our eyes where the lids are, but our literal eyeballs. My dad and I have lots of stuff in common which is not really weird but having body parts that are seriously exactly the same shape kind of is... This one's not as good as the others but seven weird things are hard to come up with!

To any lurkers who may be reading this post but not commenting: Try coming up with seven weird things to post on your blog then comment on mine so I can see what you wrote!

1 comment:

Lauryn said...

You've been one of my best friends for the past three to four years now and I learned some new things about you! No fake cheese snacks and bedding for Christmas! lol.