Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Quote by Confucius.

I just spent the last couple hours overhauling my resume in preparation for my future job. I graduate at the end of April (less than seven months)! Part of me is looking forward to getting a "real job," but part of me is dreading it. I know it's because I don't know what it will be like, but I really want to find work I love. I know that might not happen with my first job, and that's making me a little apprehensive and not excited about starting this whole process. At the same time, I'm lucky to have a lot of help from friends and family. I've also been lucky to have opportunities in school that most people don't.

So once again, and I know I've said this before, I am caught in a weird limbo between school and career and it's driving me crazy! I have senioritis but the idea of getting a job makes me want to stay in school for six more years. I can't wait to be done with classes but I know how to manage classes and a part time job... I really want to find something I love that will be a great transition from what my life is like now. Where is that job? Can I have it?

No comments: