Football is easy if you're crazy as hell

Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Quote by Bo Jackson.


I played some backyard football with D and his family on Sunday. It was just two-hand touch, but 1) I have never played football of any kind before and 2) I take competitive things way too seriously. Not that I get mad if I lose, but if I don't do my absolute best I get cranky. See the picture of Roy Williams up there? That's how I felt when I caught my first pass. I was so excited but today (two days later) I can't really put much weight on my right foot and it hurts to sneeze/twist/stand up/lay down/move.

I'm obviously out of shape. I went out to dinner with D and my parents yesterday and they were all mercilessly making fun of me. D said I should play some more so I wouldn't be sore and that if I really was good at football I would have caught the ball and kept running like he does when he catches the ball. My dad asked me what I was thinking when I decided to actually do physical activity. My mom asked, "Who are you and what have you done with Lindsey?" So I clearly have a reputation for being traditionally opposed to exercise... Hmm... Maybe I should think about changing that or at least get my body to the point where running (and falling) around the yard for a half hour doesn't make me feel like I got hit by a truck. Time to break out the workout tapes!

No comments: