Certainly there are good and bad times, but our mood changes more often than our fortune

Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Quote by Jules Renard.

I know I haven't posted in a million days, but I've had a good excuse. I moved into an apartment! There have been some issues regarding the leasing office staff and their questionable job aptitude, but I know how to be annoying enough to get my way in the end. Haha. I have my pictures hung and the majority of my things put away so that definitely makes me feel more at ease. One snag has been that the apartment is handicap accessible which would be great if I was in a wheelchair. Also, this was a secret until I stepped into the apartment for the first time. This basically means that I'm missing a couple cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom, I have an elevated toilet seat, and I have support bars by the toilet and in the shower. I'm going to have maintenance replace the toilet seat and hopefully take out the support bars. The woman I talked to today apologized all over the place and told me I should never have even been offered this apartment, but I'm moved in, my address is changed everywhere, it's only for a year and a half, and I'll be on to bigger and better things soon. Think temporary!

I've been spending lots of time with D which has been amazing, other than I wanted more "alone time" with him over the weekend and didn't get it, and in discussing our schedules this week we discovered that this will be the first week we don't see each other at least every other day. I am aware that I've been spoiled, but circumstances allowed us to spend a lot of time together. In addition to that, the next time we see each other will be at a softball game in which he is playing after I babysit on Thursday. The game starts at 9:50 and will go until about 11:00, then he'll need to go to bed immediately because he has to work at 7:00 AM near Metro Airport. The next time we see each other will maybe be Saturday night, but probably won't be until Sunday sometime when we get to hang out with his family all day. Meanwhile, one of my favorite things to do with him is lay in bed and watch TV because we can talk and snuggle and just be together. So needless to say, I'm a little disappointed in how this week is going to turn out.

To make matters slightly worse, I've not been in a great mood the last couple of days. I just started taking The Pill again last week and I'm thinking it might be affecting me in a not-so-good way, just like when I was on it before. At this point I don't think it's as bad as the other brand I was on before (since I was careful to tell my GYN I wanted a different one) but I do not enjoy feeling blah and a medium level of sad-ish for days at a time. I guess I will give it till the end of the month to make my decision, but in the meantime, good luck to those who have to put up with me! Here's an example of what sort of fun, blown-out-of-proportion feelings I have: I went grocery shopping today after work (at about 8:45) and I wanted to get some Ben and Jerry's Half Baked ice cream. I finished getting most of the items on my list (of course I forgot one) and I went to the ice cream isle to pick up my little carton of deliciousness. Kroger had many other Ben and Jerry's flavors fully stocked but no Half Baked at all. I became pissed off that I had to choose a different flavor and actually considered going to a different grocery store. 1) Who cares if they didn't have a flavor I wanted since I don't need to eat any ice cream anyway, 2) Being pissed off about ice cream is a ridiculous overreaction and 3) Who drives to a completely different grocery store to get one unnecessary item unless they are pregnant? Which I'm not. I'm on The Pill. Or maybe this is all moodiness caused by stress from moving and unpacking and working and the never-ending to-do list etc. etc. etc. Hopefully a normal sleep schedule will cure it all!

No comments: