Academic qualifications are important and so is financial education

Monday, August 25, 2008
Quote by Robert Kiyosaki.

I just read an incredible book called Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki (yes, the very author whose quote I'm using as a title today!) The book is about personal finances but before my reader(s), haha, fall asleep, I just have to say that it is very well written to the point of being entertaining while offering incredible insight into how to change your personal perceptions of money. It is one of the only books I have read recently that I highly, highly recommend. For a quick summary, it's basically about making your money work hard for you rather than you working hard for money. Yes, investing is involved, but more importantly, Kiyosaki stresses education. He explains that as soon as you really learn about investing whether in real estate, the stock market, etc. it becomes less risky and more common sense. In many cases, it appears that the most risk arises from lack of knowledge. Read this book because even if you don't use every principle mentioned on its pages, the perspective shift will really surprise you.

No comments: