Evermore in the world is this marvelous balance of beauty and disgust, magnificence and rats

Thursday, August 28, 2008
Quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

In the interest of making my things last longer to therefore save money by not replacing them, I decided to clean my vacuum. I initially thought I would just be removing the dirt collector and rinsing it out. I was very wrong. Apparently there are layers upon layers of filters and compartments in my vacuum that I didn't even know existed. All of the filters and components were also caked with dirt and dust and carpet fuzz to varying degrees. It was just plain disgusting. My favorite part was the bug carcasses. So now I have my vacuum completely torn apart with the sections I washed drying on some paper towel on my kitchen counter. All I have to say is that my vacuum better work so much more amazing than it did before I cleaned it. That was definitely one of the grossest things I've ever had to do, right up there with cleaning out a drain. However, the drain cleaning adventure actually made me gag and was accompanied by my dad laughing at me on the phone while I was freaking out as he walked me through the best way to take apart the sink.

No comments: