Home is an invention on which no one has yet improved

Thursday, July 10, 2008
Quote by Ann Douglas.

Rereading that last post makes me feel like... a total cheeseball. Oh well.

In new news, I've made an offer on a condo subject to short sale which means that I am getting a ridiculously good deal. A short sale is basically the step before foreclosure, which makes me feel bad for the current owner but what a great opportunity for me! The offer has to go through the bank and I'm sort of wondering how long that will take but the realtor told them I want to close by the 31st so we'll see! My parents are being fantastic and are helping me out in a big way, which means that I'm going to have a very flexible loan agreement. I'm so excited but I can't wait to see if the bank takes my offer. I keep trying to remind myself I don't have it quite yet, so I can't get too excited, but it's hard to stay detached. There are only a couple downsides to impending home ownership: 1) I have no furniture of any kind 2) I have to buy the washer and dryer from the current owner 3) the furnace/air conditioner (yes, it's the same unit) is 22 years old and will die at any moment and will have to be replaced. However, there are about 1 million great things about the condo like the layout, the paint colors, the flooring, the new appliances, etc. etc. etc. What an exciting new experience!

1 comment:

Lauryn said...

Well now, don't forget about your kitchen table that you have for at least two or three months :) lol