Act nothing in a furious passion; it's putting to sea in a storm

Monday, July 21, 2008
Quote by Thomas Fuller.

I've kept you pretty up to date regarding my living situation so far, but something has happened that is really the icing on the cake. I received a phone call from my "landlady" yesterday when I was at my parents' house to celebrate my mom's birthday. She informed me that her diamond ring went missing and asked me if I could ask my boyfriend, D, if he took it. She said she is "beside herself" about it and that she "hates to ask" but he is the only person she can think to blame at this point. A little while later, she called back to tell me that she was filing a police report and at 5:30, I got a phone call from Deputy Bianchi to discuss what had happened. I was told that rings don't just disappear and that no charges would be pressed if the ring showed up some time this week, that Kelly just wants it back. Deputy Bianchi said that "it's not looking good" for D since he looks like the one with the most opportunity and since Kelly said to Deputy Bianchi that she was sure I didn't take it. I told the deputy that I had as much or more opportunity as D and that Kelly couldn't be sure I didn't take it. The bottom line is that the ring can't just show up if no one took it, and D is going to get dragged through the mud for this and there's nothing I can do.

I am so furious I can hardly breathe.

No comments: