We believe that electricity exists, because the electric company keeps sending us bills for it

Thursday, June 12, 2008
Quote by Dave Barry.

I'm beginning to doubt the existence of electricity since I haven't had any in my house for FIVE days. The worst part is that I'm actually adjusting to it! And I'm getting big muscles from lifting and lowering the garage door every time I want to park in the garage. Overall, it hasn't been that bad since I'm not home much. However, this morning I checked the basement this morning because I have a sump pump (a device that keeps ground water away from the footings of the house) and it runs on electricity. Sure enough, I discovered that the basement flooded! Fortunately it wasn't very much water but now is not the time for more things to go wrong. At this point DTE estimates that the power should be back by midnight tonight. We'll see! Luckily I'm working a ton and have classes and therefore don't have to sit in a dark house by myself all day long.

No comments: