One of the great mind destroyers of college education is the belief that if it's very complex, it's very profound

Thursday, September 18, 2008
Quote by Dennis Prager.

This was actually written at approximately 1:00 today. Didn't have a computer in front of me at the time.

I'm blogging low-tech today for two reasons. 1) I'm bored in class and 2) My laptop battery doesn't work so I have to have it plugged in to use it. Not very convenient when I'm trying to occupy my time in a class where I can't focus on the lecture. Ok. I confess I just listened to the professor because he literally stopped mid-sentence and went off on people coming to class late. He said doing so is "disruptive behavior" and he "won't tolerate it." Then he said if he noticed a pattern (meaning certain people being late more than twice) he would ask those students not to come back to class. Since this is college (for which we all pay tuition) I would like to know how he plans to influence people not to come back to class... Lower their grades? I just love professors who manage to be on a power trip because they are "in charge" of so much within their class. It's actually pretty laughable.

Today I went out between classes to meet Lauryn for coffee and browsing. I say "browsing" because "shopping" requires spending money, something we both don't have a lot of. We both purchased something at Borders but that doesn't really count because Lauryn had a gift card and my purchase was a gift for my mom selected from the bargain section. Anyway, it was really nice to escape for a few hours and spend some time with a friend. I've been so busy with school and work lately that many things have fallen by the wayside. Just look at the last time I posted an entry! However, I finally feel that I have my to-do list under control. My schedule is starting to actually feel manageable.

So here's the beginning of my attempt to increase the frequency of my posts... Hopefully this works!

1 comment:

Lauryn said...

I loved our browsing date and look forward to many more! Don't forget about the coffee. There was coffee too! lol

I'm with you. I need to get better about posting more frequently. It's just hard sometimes...