The joy of life is made up of obscure and seemingly mundane victories that gives us our own small satisfactions

Wednesday, May 14, 2008
12 days since my last post! Apparently I've been busy! Or lazy... Nothing extraordinarily interesting to report, just work and school as usual except for one thing. That thing is an event that I'm definitely excited for hosted by the salon where I work. It's called Cuts for Mutts and it's on June 8th. The stylists will be cutting hair and the proceeds will go to an organization in the area called Precious Pets Adoption League. I've been working with two women there named Gina and Shawn who are truly amazing people with huge hearts. Their hard work and passion for what they do is inspiring. Speaking of that, I should really write them a thank you note when all this is over! Yeah, I know they're getting a donation, but I think it's nice to know you're appreciated too. So planning for that is keeping me busy but things are falling together really smoothly and I think it will be a success!

Otherwise, I'm enjoying life as an independent woman trying to make the most of everything! Meanwhile, I can't wait for my May 31st plans to go see Sex and the City: The Movie with Lauryn complete with pre-movie cosmos and a post-movie visit to Fuse! Yeah, I know it's two weeks away still but I'm really learning to value close female friendships and that show (and hopefully movie) definitely captured those relationships.

Oh yeah, quote by Billy Joel. Oh, Piano Man.

No comments: