It is better to be beautiful than to be good, but it is better to be good than to be ugly

Thursday, May 15, 2008
Quote by Oscar Wilde.

As I type this, I have green goop on my face in hopes of extracting the dozens of little blackheads that occasionally plauge my existence. Yes, my alarm will go off in seven short hours, yes, I could use a lot more sleep than that tonight, and yes, I'm somewhat impatiently waiting during the 15 minutes before I can wash my face. However, it's either this or claw my face off by trying to pick each individual one out of my skin. Here's a question: after all the advice we read, horror stories we hear, and dozens of bottles in our bathroom cupboards, are we really doing anything other than stressing ourselves out so much that we break out anyway?! Is it worth all the effort? I, like most women, enjoy feeling attractive and pursue feeling that way. From makeup to lotion (with SPF!) to spending time doing the hair you spend money on to ripping out the hair you don't want... "Growing up" has sure rolled in with a lot of extra requirements! I guess the goal should be to feel good about how you look, and focus on looking good for yourself. I think that the attention from others when your confidence makes you glow will be the icing on the cake!

No comments: